Monday, September 13, 2010

Why are there no famous Texan ski racers?

I mean really. Those Jamaican bobsledders made names for themselves- wait, who were they again? I guess I'm fighting an uphill battle here. Has anyone who grew up in Texas ever even entered in a alpine ski race? I can't be the first large man from Texas who thinks he's fast on skis...

But if I had to guess, I'd say the bar is set relatively low competing against my fellow larger-than-life-ers. That being said, I'm at a huge disadvantage against anyone who grew up near skiing! The good news is that ski cross isn't a super precise discipline like slalom or something. There is a lot more room for error in ski cross, or in this case, a Texan. Did you see ski cross in the Olympics? It wasn't uncommon to see guys make a mistake or two and still win a heat. But then again, they are Olympians.

So despite the long-shot odds, it is possible. I mean for a friggin dream, it is relatively reasonable. Any takers dare to dream with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment