The cross course at Steamboat for the Hole Shot Tour (NORAM level) event this week was absolutely nuts. They built up the course way beyond my abilities, so I had to back out for the sake of my six-months-out-of-surgery shoulder. I just couldn't take another epic crash like last Friday... Besides, I was already a legend. I was telling some of the kids on the Steamboat skicross team about my prior week yard sale and they were like, "That was you?!? You lost every piece of equipment that wasn't tied down!"
Yes, sir and I learned my lesson. 10 people left in rescue sleds the first day on the new gnarly course. Meanwhile, I could barely do the amatuer course. In fact I couldn't do the amatuer course wthout scrubbing a ton of speed. So I sat out and lived to ski another day... and I'll be ready for this level next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment